Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Smeshque: I meant to include this scripture, but my last post had timed out for editing. I am sorry it has been such a struggle for you for the last few weeks, but glad for God's sign to you. I thought of this verse.

Proverbs 24:16 "For a just man falleth seven times and riseth up again ......"

That is one of my favorite verses and can be applied to equal genders, I do suppose. We are not meant to be perfect, but yet we can prevail.

I so love Isaiah 41:10. Oftentimes I used to do verse memorization.
(1)

LL- Thank you. I think memorizing scripture is how we write it into our hearts.

2 Corinthians 3:3
Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, yes, it absolutely is!
What lovely scripture you bestoweth on me!

Proverbs 13:4 

The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, while the soul of the diligent is richly supplied.
(1)

“Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.”
Psalms 37:4

For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. 1 John 5:3
(1)

Psalm 34:8

Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man
takes refuge in him

Isaiah 26:3-4

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.
(1)

What great nourishment LL.

There is no way, that I could o through the things in life, and maintain some joy , if it were not for Jesus. The Lord is so good, and he does not give us more than we can bear. Sometimes it may feel like it, but He is true to HIS word and will not give us more than we can take. It is a neat thing to think that our lives are specifically designed for each and every one of us. So whatever comes your way, was meant just for you. And God is a very present help in times of trouble.
I just feel so overwhelmed with joy this day. I haven't felt it in such a while, as the devil has been really trying to get to me.
But, I have my armor on now. And you know the word says to put on your armor, but no where does it ever say to take it off. So we should always be armed.

Ephesians 6:10-18
Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
(2)

Smeshque: Oh, what wonderful wordsmithing skills you have written on this day! I feel like I am getting too old to continue what I do, but I still strive to accomplish it.

Psalm 1-6 King James Version (KJV)

1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2 But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3 And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

4 The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.

5 Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.

6 For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish.
(0)

Ll- Great verses.
We say Psalms 1 every evening. It is planted in our hearts. One of my favorite Pslams.
You are never too old, to work for the Lord, which is what this life is truly about. you are never too old, to pray for others, to care for others, to love others, to tell others. You never get to retire from the work of the Lord, there is always something one can do. Just a small kindly deed that may cheer another. You are never too old, my friend.
Only the devil will tell you such things.
You keep on loving as you do.
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, that is good and I have Psalm 1:1-6 memorized, just like you. I think that you missed my point, which is while I am never too old to work for the Lord, my physical person will wane.
(1)

I am sorry if I missed your point. I hope all is well your way.
I have been trying since my Dad was alive to help those who are feeling aged to see the benefits of it. I use to tell my Dad when he got unable to do as he use to, that sometimes we have to moves so much when we are younger, that if we didn't take the time to stop and be with the Lord, well, sometimes maybe he slows us down the older we get, so that we might focus more on HIM. He was a prayer warrior. And even though he was not able to get around well at the end, he still insisted on visiting the sick. We would take him as he wanted. My Mom still does what she is able for the Lord. Loving and serving others as she can, and is able. She has always, she was born to do such.
Now the couple we visit, he made the comment today that all they can do is eat and sit. I am praying for words for him, to see his value as a child of God. We are never too old to continue the work for the Lord in some manner. I just wish that people would see that. Pray is one of the greatest work we can do for another. And it doesn't require us to move quickly. In fact it requires us to be still.
We are God's work, so why not work for HIM.

“But now, O LORD, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.”
Isaiah 64:8
(4)

No offense meant, ShakingDustOff, but your attempts to convert people might be better met if you weren't calling them pagans, demonic, low-IQ, etc.

There's a better way to go about things. You've shown you have a compassionate side in many of your posts, and have offered helpful and valid advice on those posts. But then you post things that are offensive, insulting and often times, downright mean. We'd love to have you as a valued member of the forum if you could just keep that impulse to insult people in check.

Please take this as it is intended - not as an insult to you, but as a bit of advice that will help you enjoy the forum more and have less trouble with others here.
(8)

Susan, very well, and compassionately written.
(5)

Smeshque: two long days have left me quite tired. I must rest from my dental implant-tooth extracted and implant placed today.
(0)

LL- Get yourself rested up, I imagine that is a tiresome event.
I am exhausted with my new schedule. DH has been doing wonderfully with Mom while I have been working. And it seems I find my respite in my new job. So when I come home I am refreshed and a better person. It is only a few days a week. Mom seems to be doing well with it. We get to miss each other and look forward to seeing each other when I get home. It's such a blessing. I do feel though that I miss out on so much. But this seems like the balance I have been needing for respite. Who knew I needed to go to work to be refreshed.
Much love to all my fellow caregivers, past, present and future.

Matthew 11:28
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
(1)

Smeshque: What I meant to imply is that I must learn to slow down as I'm aging in doing the physical things. There is no caregiver looking after me because I am not at that point and I will be sad when I do need one. I'm a huge multitasker, but I find myself tiring more easily when I do 2 early days (involving a lot of driving with a sore mouth). But still I want to prevail. I want to do the Lord's work AND my work. It's good that you only got part-time employment, since that's what you wanted.
(1)

Thou shalt not worry,
for worry is the most unproductive of all human activities.

Thou shalt not be fearful,
for most of the things we fear never come to pass.

Thou shalt not cross bridges before you get to them,
for no one yet has succeeded in accomplishing this.

Thou shalt face each problem as it comes,
you can handle only one at a time anyway.

Thou shalt not take problems to bed with you
for they make very poor bedfellows.

Thou shalt not borrow other people's problems,
they can take better care of them than you can.

Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday
for good or ill, it is gone
concentrate on what is happening in your life today.

Thou shalt count thy blessings,
never overlooking the small ones
for a lot of small blessings add up to a big one.

Thou shalt be a good listener,
for only when you listen do you hear ideas different from your own,
it's very hard to learn something new when you're talking.

Thou shalt not become bogged down by frustration,
for ninety percent of it is rooted in self-pity
and it will only interfere with positive action.

By
Elodie Armstrong
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, that is quite lovely!

Proverbs 12:25
25 Anxiety weighs down the heart, but a kind word cheers it up.
(1)

I am ridden with growing pains. Growing hurts. But the person we will become with growth will be far better than what we are now.

Make Me A Channel Of Your Peace

Make me a channel of your peace
Where there is hatred let me bring your love
Where there is injury, your pardon Lord
And where there's doubt, true faith in You.

Where there's despair in life let me bring hope
Where there is darkness, only light
And where there's sadness ever joy.

O Master grant that I may never seek
So much to be consoled as to console
To be understood as to understand
To be loved as to love with all my soul.

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned
It is in giving to all men that we receive
And in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Sir Francis of Assisi
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, I am thus sorry that you are ridden with growing pains. That is a lovely sentiment from St. Francis of Assisi. ;)
(1)

I rejoice in this time of growing, for I know it will make me stronger and more loving.
(1)

Smeshque: That is very true.
(1)

LL- You inspire me to be better. With your kind heart and love for all who need it. The world around you is blessed to have you in it.
You have helped me in my growing and learning as your love for the Lord is shown in your actions, you have been a good example of love.
(1)

Smeshque: Thank you; thus I am a mere mortal and I giveth the glory to God, our Lord and Saviour! I aspire to be just like you, Smeshque, always lifting people up!
(1)

“For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”
Ephesians 2:10
(1)

Smeshque: Oh, what soul food.
(1)

Philippians 4:7
“And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”
(1)

Smeshque: Ever so glorious!
(1)

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Deuteronomy 32:4
(1)

Colossians 3:23

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,

Philippians 4:13

I can do all things through him who strengthens me.
(1)

LL I love those verses, I say them to myself everyday. Especially when I am in a situation of not wanting to do or be where I am at that time. So I just repeat them over and over to get through those times. And always try and do whatever it is I am doing as if I were doing it for the Lord. As a mere mortal I fall short quite often, but I still strive to do it.
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter