Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Send, I try to love people and hate the sin. I was just stating my experience as a youngster who loved Jesus, but was treated poorly by Christians.
(3)

Shell, I understand how you must have felt unwelcome and that does create a very challenging situation.

I tell people that I have invited to church that they should always keep their eyes and hearts focused on Jesus, because if we look at the people we will always be disappointed, because we all have our stuff.

But my Pastor taught us that we bump into each other's stuff and it smooths our edges and sometimes it smooths theirs and sometimes it cuts us. I have found it easier to love because I know that whatever is happening it is shaping my character and smoothing my edges and all things work together for my good, because I love The Lord and am called according to his purpose.

As are you.
(5)

I am blessed by all your posts, and the love, encouragement and help you all give to one another and to me. May God bless you with the things that you need to endure through your journey. And I am not going anywhere, I hope you all don't either. Much love and prayers for all of you.

Send- Thank you for being you. :)Thank you for the scripture, always good medicine. I am glad to have started the thread, but I take no credit, just trying to be an instrument of the Lord, and the contributions of all who post here have been continued this little light. I was so torn with that balance of spirituality and light in the darkness. So I was desperately hoping there were some believers on here who understood the challenge. And thank the Lord there is and Oh how you all have been such a blessing to me.

Isthisreal- Thank you for the words to that song. It is a beautiful reminder of hope and and love. I thank you for ALL your encouraging words.

Gershun- I have learned that it is not so much in spitting scripture at others as it is the way we live, the way we speak, the way we act.

Shell- I grew up in the church and I left it for a long while. I saw too much hypocrisy and wanted nothing to do with that. Christians are not perfect that is why we need Jesus. But I know now, there are those that strive to do right and those that strive to appear right. But once one tastes Jesus, and knows truth, one really strives for executing Love as in 1 Corinthians 13, in every aspect of there life. Not just appearing to be that way, I believe that is not Christianity.

LLama- I do hope you are being comforted and strengthened during your difficult times.

Frazzled- I thank you for your last post, for saying what I did not have the words to say. You summed it up very well.

Lu- Thank you for being an encouragement and inspiration to all around you, and for being you.
(3)

Gershun- I forgot to say I am happy that you were blessed with your new home, and that DH got to see the blessing.
(4)

Mikkim, sometimes all it takes is one post to touch the right person who needs to hear it.
(4)

Smeshque: Thank you for your encouragement. I really appreciate it. I had a large tooth extracted and bone graft placed. Later on I felt like I was going to pass out and DH stayed with me. I pray you're getting through your heavy loads with the help God.
(4)

What has happened here on the Believer's thread might be the only bible any non-christian will ever read.

No apology is needed if anyone took offence or did not like it.

There are so many encouraging scriptures in the bible that one can now look up online by themselves. If one enters "Bible how to be saved", something will pop up for you.
(2)

Gershun: You're such a kind person as are so many others on here -Smeshque, Send and Shell among many others.
(3)

Send, Smeshque, Shell, everyone on here. I in no way meant to imply that you shouldn't quote scripture. Of course, it's a beautiful thing. Keep it up. It's not my style but to each his/her own.

To God be the glory, great things he hath done.
(4)

Gershun- that's one of the things that make you a lovely lady. Making sure your words don't hurt others. Lovely.
I would like to think that all here, know that is never your intent. 🌸🤗
(2)

Thanks for the encouragement as always, Smeshque!
(1)

I think I’m missing something. There used to be a “reply” choice under each comment. Now I don’t see it, just a “like” or a “report”. How do you reply to individual commenters?
(2)

@MaryBee,
There are different types of threads.
One is QUESTION.
Another is DISCUSSIONS.

I am not sure, but the DISCUSSION threads do not have the individual reply feature.
This thread is filed under DISCUSSIONS.

It is a bit confusing, isn't it?
(1)

Psalms Chapter 121

1 (A Song of degrees.) I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.
2 My help [cometh] from the LORD, which made heaven and earth.
3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The LORD [is] thy keeper: the LORD [is] thy shade upon thy right hand.
6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
7 The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
8 The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.
(2)

Les Feldick has a free website with great answers to Q. Also Mathew Mcgee does.
(3)

I want to retract a word I used in the following post:
Gershun- I have learned that it is not so much in spitting scripture at others as it is the way we live, the way we speak, the way we act.

I truly did not mean to use the word spitting, as that is very disrespectful to the Lord. So I do apologize for that use of word.
I wish I could take that word back. What I truly meant was that it not in only speaking scripture to others to confirm our belief, but that we must also live it.

So I am very sorry to everyone, I did not mean to use that word. I pray the Lord forgives me for that error.

The apostle Paul said:
"For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I."
Romans 7:15
(2)

EDIT:
There will be no more spitting on here, Lol. Smeshque.

You are deeply loved.
(1)

Smeshque, I do believe that there are people who do right and people who just appeared to do right. No one is prefect but we do the best we can:)

Gershun there is no need to apologize. Words matter and I am one who is uses my own words; like you, my sig other is not a believer, but I love showing him how God moved in our lives:)

Isthisrealyreal, it wasn't that I felt unwelcome. It was that they treated me rudely and look down their nose at me and I was basically kid. But that didn't stop me from loving Jesus. It did stop me from liking Christians for a long time. But you are right, people always disappoint but our Lord sure doesn't:)

I do love this thread whether it is scripture or in one's own words...its all good!

🙌🙏💕
(5)

Matthew 5:37 says "Let your no be no and your yes be yes" You cannot always put everyone before yourself becsuse it clearly leads to burnout. Saying no is not a sin. It is acknowledgement to YOUR limits. That is not a sin. And if you burn yourself out,what earthlygood will you be for others?
(4)

1 Peter 5:7 - Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
(3)

Prayers for the El Paso massacre today. Heartbroken.
(3)

Very sad.
Praying
(2)

Praying for EL Paso.💔💔💔
(4)

LLama- Thank you for the scripture, I hope you never quit posting them. :)
(3)

Smeshque: Thank you. I will.❤
(2)

Prayers for Dayton...
(1)

Hebrews 13:8 - Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
(6)

Pray for the families of these killers and other dysfunctional families who are raising potential new killers to be transformed and liberated from their hate and whatever root cause or causes it has.
(5)

Especially for yesterday's mass shootings in El Paso and Dayton - Psalm 34:18: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.”
(4)

cmagnum: Very much so - agreed. Society must address these individuals' wrong thinking patterns. It is very disturbing. If my mother were still alive, she would be frightened.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter