Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Hi Panini,
Funny you should say that, one ER Dr felt the same way. But her PCP claims neorontin is also for seizure prevention and left her on it.

I didn't know it could cause such side effects.

I'm going to look it up now. We're going to see PCP at 9:30 this morning, I'm going to arm myself with some data and discuss it with/her. Doesn't do squat for pain either. Thank you Love!
(1)

Pepsee, no criticism intended, just an observation....I'd rely on a neurologist on the issue of Neurontin as opposed to a PCP.
(1)

Always tell me your thoughts GA, I appreciate it. The neurologist left the neorontin in Mom's meds both times she saw her.

PCP is hoping vascular surgeon moves the surgery up sooner. We'll see what he says tomorrow.
(3)

Pepsee; I have no advice; these other folks have much more experience with your mom's issues that I do. I just want you to know that you and your mom are in my thoughts everyday! b
(2)

Hi Pepsee... Neurontin is used for seizures as well as other things. I was on Neurontin for a number of years for my seizure disorder (thank heaven has beend dormant for many years though I will never be totally free of the threat of it.) I was on dilantin prior to that (never again).

I currently take gabapentin for a continuous severe headache I have had since February 2016. But at the same time it helps to prevent my seizure disorder from resurfacing. When I initially started taking the Gabapentin (generic Neurontin), I had some side effects when I first started taking it. But have had no problems in a long time. Talk to her doctor and see if a dosage adjustment is in order. In many cases, such as mine, the benefits outweigh the potential side effects.

Please keep us posted and let us know how you and your Mom are doing.
(1)

My Mom just went into the hospital 2 days ago . Her aspect had changed and i thought it was dehydration again. But it was a slightly elevated CO2 .. there could be some of the symptoms .I think you said she was on o2. Some of the pain sounds a bit like neuralga though. I think you need to get some second opinions
(1)

Hi Dustin,
I asked PCP about the Neorontin. She said there are no side effects to worry about, in Mom's case.

Hello Basket,
Hope your Mom is feeling better soon! No Mom's not on O2 (oxygen right?).
It just seems like she's falling apart. 😔

Barb, just knowing you're there is a big help. Thank you for your thoughts 💛
(1)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter